This contest is now closed. Please check back for other great giveaways!
Last week, Wendy’s and The Motherhood invited a group of Boston-area bloggers to lunch. We were invited to bring two friends each and try out Wendy’s “You Pick 2″ menu with healthier options. Choose one of four half salads and pair it with a small chili, baked potato, Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger, Chicken Go Wrap, small Frosty, small soda or bottle of water. The salads include a BLT Cobb, Apple Pecan Chicken, Baja, and Spicy Chicken Caesar.
I chose the Apple Pecan Chicken salad with the small chili. The ingredient list is: iceberg, romaine and spring mix, blue cheese crumbles, dried cranberries, apple chunks, grilled chicken filet and roasted pecans. The salad greens were fresh and the pecans came in a separate pouch (great for freshness and for nut allergies!). According to the nutritional calculator on the Wendy’s site, that particular “You Pick 2″ menu choice (with the recommended dressing) is 570 calories. If you’re feeling calorie conscious, you can drop the pecans and save yourself 110 calories. The meal has 19 grams of fat. Once again, drop the pecans and you’ll lose 9 grams of fat. Sadly (or not so sadly), the pecans are delicious! I found the meal to be filling for just $4.99!
I mentioned it above, but I was also impressed with Wendy’s nutritional calculator. They are becoming standard for fast food restaurants and I really appreciate that for a couple of reasons. The first is that if you’re traveling with someone who has a food allergy or intolerance, you can look ahead to see what’s safe. I always do my research when we take Bug anywhere. Now, you’re not entirely guaranteed safe food, but if the employees do their jobs (and don’t do anything else!), you’re in pretty good shape. The other reason it’s handy is because it helps you make educated choices about your meal. The Apple Pecan Chicken Salad is a perfect example. You can add/subtract add-ons and condiments to get a sense of what kind of calories you’re really looking at. I don’t like mayo, so I know I can remove it from the nutritional breakdown. Nice.
I have a little giveaway for you, but first I wanted to share that Wendy’s is having a pretty big sweepstakes of their own that runs from October 15-December 31, 2010. Pick two complementary prizes, enter your info and see if you win an instant prize (free lunch). You’ll also be registered to win your selected prize.
In the meantime, I’m inviting you to pick two friends to bring to lunch at Wendy’s. Each of you will get a $7 gift card, which will cover a “You Pick 2″ meal and a small beverage. Hopefully you’ll have as nice of a lunchtime experience as we did this past week!
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO READ THE TWO RULES. IF YOU’RE CONFUSED, JUST ASK!
The Prize: Three $7 gift cards to Wendy’s (one prize)
To Enter (once per person/household):
- Leave a comment on THIS post (right down below) telling me who you’d take with you (first names are fine!) and what meal options you’d choose.
- Make sure you enter the correct email address in the email spot on the comment form so I can reach you. Please DON’T put your email in the actual comment.
- Contest will end at 11:59pm Eastern on October 26, 2010.
- U.S. addresses only (sorry, international friends!)
- Adults (18+) only
- Winners will be chosen via random.org. Winner must comply with all rules mentioned here, or a new winner will be selected. I will have the final decision in this matter.
- I will email the winner who will then have 48 hours to respond and claim their prize.
- Subscribe to this blog via email/RSS (once)
- Blog about this contest using the full url *no shortened links* (once)
- Tweet about this contest (max 1 per day)
- Fan/Like Quirky Fusion on Facebook (once)
To claim bonus entries, please post one comment on this post per bonus entry (include permalink or tweet url).
Questions? Contact me.
Disclosure: I was compensated by Wendy’s and The Motherhood to try out the new Wendy’s You Pick 2 meal options and to blog about it. There was no promise of a positive review and the opinions contained in this post are mine.