This contest is now closed. Please check back for more great giveaways.
Spring is in the air here in the Northeast, which means that the weather is nice enough to take walks with the kids. What I really should say is that the weather is nice enough to WANT to take walks with the kids. It’s something we enjoy, and helps me burn some calories. A double win, right? Well, Crocs wants to make it a triple win with their new Crocs Tone shoes that help tone your legs as you walk. I’m not going to try to explain the technology, but they’ve got a handy video to do that for me.
Crocs Tone and Me
I selected a cute pair of espresso brown flats with blue highlights. Crocs Tone is also available in flip flops, sandals and the familiar Crocs clogs. I like that the flats are a little different and can provide a somewhat dressier look. I don’t love the blue stripe, which is sort of an electric blue (for those of you who remember that from the ’80s!). It just doesn’t go with my wardrobe. It’s not a big deal, but it means that I’m more likely to keep them for errands, casual walks, etc., and less likely to wear them out to lunch or an activity. The flats fit snugly, but they’re flexible, so it’s not uncomfortable. The Crocs Tone technology creates a kind of bounce as you walk, but you’re also forced to sort of balance a bit, as the shoes are rounded on the bottom. I was concerned about how they would feel after awhile, especially since I often have trouble with my feet/calves, but I had no trouble with these once I got used to them. I’m glad I opted for a shoe with a back strap, though, because I’m certain I’d have trouble with a flip flop in this design. Then again, I’m not a flip flop kind of gal! The jury is out on how much they’ll tone, but I can say that they’re comfortable and cute!
Change the Tone
To go along with their new Crocs, they launched a “Change the Tone” campaign on Facebook. The Change the Tone app on Facebook takes negative headlines and puts a positive (and funny) spin on them. Sound like fun to you? Play along and you can win a pair of Crocs Tone shoes of your own.
Win a Pair of Crocs Tone Shoes
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO READ THE RULES. IF YOU’RE CONFUSED, JUST ASK!
The Prize: One Pair of Crocs Tone shoes
To Enter (once per person/household):
- Visit the Change the Tone app on Facebook. You’ll probably need to “Like” Crocs first. *If you don’t see the app, look in the right sidebar under the cute blue Crocs.
- Choose one of their headline and put your own positive spin on it. Tweet it out if you can!
- Leave a comment on THIS post (right down below) and share the original headline and your positive spin version.
- Make sure you enter the correct email address in the email spot on the comment form so I can reach you. Please DON’T put your email in the actual comment.
- Contest will end at 11:59pm Eastern on March 24, 2011. Entries received after that time will not be valid.
- U.S. addresses only (sorry, international friends!)
- Adults (18+) only
- Winners will be chosen via random.org. Winner must comply with all rules mentioned here, or a new winner will be selected. I will have the final decision in this matter.
- I will email the winner who will have roughly 48 hours to respond and claim their prize.
- Subscribe to this blog via email/RSS (once)
- Blog about this contest using the full url *no shortened links* (once)
- Tweet about this contest (max 1 per day)
- Fan/Like Quirky Fusion on Facebook (once)
To claim bonus entries, please post one comment on this post per bonus entry (include permalink or tweet url).
Questions? Contact me.