Back in February, the kids and I attended a special event. I didn’t mention it at the time because I knew I’d have an extra special reason to post about it now. SeaWorld Orlando hosted a blogger event in Boston (via the folks at Mom Central) and we got to see some of their animals up close and personal, including this pair of very cute penguins. Now, Bug is a HUGE animal person and is fairly savvy with his sea creatures (can YOU identify a moray eel or a narwhal?), but we’ve never had the chance to visit SeaWorld in Orlando. I was so excited to share this with them that I actually pulled them out of school for the experience. We learned a bit more about SeaWorld’s conservation efforts, which include breeding programs, rehabilitation (and release, where possible) and work with endangered species.
On the way home, the kids had a royal battle over the one plush dolphin they had gifted us with and Bug was extremely disappointed to get a stuffed killer whale instead. Once he calmed down, we surfed over to YouTube and watched some of the killer whale tricks from the show at SeaWorld Orlando. He was so impressed that the stuffed animal became a new favorite (creatively dubbed “Whaley”) and SeaWorld became a must-see destination on his list.
It’s unlikely that we’ll be lucky enough to visit SeaWorld in the next year, but maybe one of you is fortunate enough to have plans to head to Orlando soon. If so, you’re in luck because I’ve got a four-pack of passes to SeaWorld Orlando to give away. The passes are valid until February 2012.
Want to win?
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO READ THE TWO RULES. IF YOU’RE CONFUSED, JUST ASK!
The Prize: Four passes to SeaWorld Orlando (the passes expire in February 2012)
To Enter (once per person/household):
- Leave a comment on THIS post (right down below) and let me know which attraction at SeaWorld Orlando you think your family (or friends) would enjoy most.
- Make sure you enter the correct email address in the email spot on the comment form so I can reach you. Please DON’T put your email in the actual comment.
- Contest will end at 11:59pm Eastern on May 8, 2011. Entries received after that time will not be valid.
- U.S. addresses only (sorry, international friends!)
- Adults (18+) only
- Winners will be chosen via random.org. Winner must comply with all rules mentioned here, or a new winner will be selected. I will have the final decision in this matter.
- I will email the winner who will have roughly 48 hours to respond and claim their prize.
- Subscribe to this blog via email/RSS (once) – Already a subscriber? That counts!
- Blog about this contest using the full url *no shortened links* (once)
- Tweet about this contest (max 1 per day)
- Fan/Like Quirky Fusion on Facebook (once) – If you’ve already “Liked” us, you can claim this one!
To claim bonus entries, please post one comment on this post per bonus entry (include permalink or tweet url).
Questions? Contact me.
This giveaway is sponsored by SeaWorld Orlando. There was no compensation involved (although we did receive lunch and some gifts) and the opinions contained in this post are my own.