No one likes catching the flu. I can knock you out for days or even weeks and take your family down with you. In addition to feeling crummy, kids lose school and parents miss work. For our family, we are even more concerned. Several of us have asthma, but my son’s is triggered by other respiratory ailments. Every year, my kids and I get the flu shot to help minimize the impact of flu season on our family. When The Motherhood asked me to co-host a Twitter party with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) designed to help educate people about the flu, I was happy to oblige. There are those who can’t get a flu shot and I believe that if those of us who can do our part, we can reduce the flu impacts for everyone.
How long is flu season? When is the best time to receive the flu vaccine? What are healthy flu-fighting habits to teach children? These are just some of the questions we’ll be looking at during the chat. Here are all of the details you need:
When: Tuesday, March 5, 1 p.m. ET (the party will last one hour)
Where: Twitter! – follow #CDCFlu to track the conversation. You can see the details and RSVP via this Twtvite: http://bit.ly/XYyMp9
Hosts: @theMotherhood, @CooperMunroe, @EmilyMcKhann, @CDCFlu and don’t forget to follow me @QuirkyFusion and my fellow hosts below.
TweetGrid for the party: http://bit.ly/13fnEfp
For more information: Visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website at http://www.cdc.gov/
I’ll have some great company on the chat, so please take a moment to check all of them out!
- Amy , Coffee With The Mrs., http://coffeewiththemrs.com – @TheMrsC
- Andrea, Li’l Kid Things, http://www.lilkidthings.com – @AndreaUpdyke
- Brett, This Mama Loves, http://www.thismamaloves.com – @brettbmartin
- Cherise, Mom and More, http://www.momandmore.com – @mamasmoney
- Connie, Brain Foggles, http://www.brainfoggles.com – @ConnieFoggles
- Elena, Live.Do.Grow., http://www.livedogrow.com – @ElenaSonnino
- Fadra, All Things Fadra, http://www.allthingsfadra.com – @allthingsfadra
- Jenna, A Mom’s Balancing Act, http://www.momsbalancingact.com – @MomBalancingAct
- Jen, Mommy Instincts, http://www.mommyinstincts.com – @mommyinstincts
- Jennifer, Eighty MPH Mom, http://eightymphmom.com – @EightyMPHMom
- Jodi, Mom’s Favorite Stuff, http://www.momsfavoritestuff.com – @JodiGrundig
- Katherine, Our Whiskey Lullaby, http://ourwhiskeylullaby.com – @KBWhiskey
- Nichol, Kiddie’s Corner Deals, http://kiddiescornerdeals.com – @KiddiesCorner
- Piera, Jolly Mom, http://www.jollymom.com – @JollyMom
- Sarah, Sarah & Sons, http://sarahauerswald.com – @Sauerswald
- Sarah, Sarah’s Cucina Bella, http://sarahscucinabella.com – @SarahWCaron
- Shannon, The Mommy-Files, http://www.themommy-files.com – @themommyfiles
- Suzanne, Mom Confessionals, http://www.momconfessionals.com – @momconfessional
- Tamara, MomRN, http://momrn.com – @MomRN
Disclosure: I will receive compensation for my participation in the Twitter chat. There was no promise of a positive review/commentary and the views contained in this post are my own.