I am a member of the Mass Audubon Society and a member of the Toyota Women’s Influencer’s Network, so when I learned about the new TogetherGreen Facebook App, I knew I had to share it with you. National Audubon and Toyota teamed up in 2008 to work toward strengthening conservation efforts and have been working on that goal ever since.
TogetherGreen has five major components:
- Training conversation leaders through a fellowship program
- Providing grants for innovative conservation projects
- Volunteer initiatives help local organizations grow and support their volunteer base
- Pennies for the Planet encourages kids to get involved in conservation efforts
- Spreading the word through their website and social media presence
It is this fifth component that inspired the launch of their new Together Green Facebook App. The app encourages users to engage in “Spring Greening.” Each week there are tasks to complete to help you make greener choices. Completing the tasks gives you an entry in a contest where you can with TogetherGreen t-shirts and Lowe’s gift cards. It’s just a fun way to make a positive impact.
Disclosure: I am a member of the Toyota Women’s Influencer’s Network. I am not compensated, but may receive other benefits for my participation. The opinions contained in this post are my own.