I’m a book person and a techie, so when I was asked if I was interested in reviewing The Robot Book by Heather Brown, I think I may have said, “Yes! Yes! Yes!” But perhaps I was a bit more professional in my response. In any case, it arrived and my kids were immediately intrigued. It’s colorful and chunky and just looks like delightful things are inside. And they are!
The Robot Book is a board book about the inner workings of a robot. It’s not so much a story, as it is a reminder that it’s what’s inside that really counts. Each page has a movable robot part, including gears to turn, joints to wiggle and flaps to open. Admittedly, a few of the gears were on the tricky side, but my kids didn’t care. They love this book. What I love about it is that it’s incredibly sturdy. This is a book that my kids may be passing down to their own children. It’s definitely a gift-worthy book, which isn’t true of a lot of board books.
If you think this would be a great gift for someone you love, you’re in luck! I’ve five copies to give away. Each book has a retail value of $16.99.
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO READ THE TWO RULES. IF YOU’RE CONFUSED, JUST ASK!
The Prizes: 5 copies of The Robot Book
To Enter (once per person/household):
- Leave a comment on THIS post (right down below) telling me who you’d give this to.
- Make sure you enter the correct email address in the email spot on the comment form so I can reach you. Please DON’T put your email in the actual comment.
- Contest will end at 11:59pm Eastern on December 19, 2010. Entries received after that time will not be valid.
- U.S. addresses only (sorry, international friends!)
- Adults (18+) only
- Winners will be chosen via random.org. Winner must comply with all rules mentioned here, or a new winner will be selected. I will have the final decision in this matter.
- I will email the winner who will then have 48 hours to respond and claim their prize.
- Subscribe to this blog via email/RSS (once)
- Blog about this contest using the full url *no shortened links* (once)
- Tweet about this contest (max 1 per day)
- Fan/Like Quirky Fusion on Facebook (once)
To claim bonus entries, please post one comment on this post per bonus entry (include permalink or tweet url).
Questions? Contact me.
Disclosure: I received a copy of The Robot Book for review purposes. There was no promise of a positive review (or any review at all), and the opinions in this post are my own. Prizes distribution will be handled by the sponsor.