Today is one of Those Days:
- Woke up badly. Big Guy gently shaking me, LadyBug crying. Try to wake up.
- LadyBug refuses to be consoled by Big Guy, only wants me.
- Call to LadyBug to come sit in bed with me. She refuses.
- Go into LadyBug’s room. Have to pee.
- Change a poopy diaper (Note to self: She REALLY needs to be potty trained). Cuddle with LadyBug.
- Meet demands for a Pop Tart with the WRONG Pop Tart and apparently the wrong sippy cup as well. Refuse to change either one. Pop Tart ends up on floor. (Still have to pee)
- Try to escape ensuing tantrum by returning to room and sitting in bed. LadyBug follows, crying.
- Bring her into bed for another snuggle. Wishing I could pee.
- Bug comes in to demand a Pop Tart as well. LadyBug demands Curious George puzzle which is too hard for her.
- Big Guy ushers them out of the room to distribute demands and leave for work. I try to wake up.
- LadyBug screams for help with the puzzle. I take a detour to the bathroom to pee and brush teeth.
- Try to help with puzzle. LadyBug ignores all suggestion and insists on jamming pieces where they don’t go. Now I’m hungry. Still not awake.
- Bug comes to “help” with puzzle. Makes LadyBug mad so damn puzzle takes twice as long.
- Finish puzzle. Grab quick breakfast and explain to kids that I’m done with puzzles.
- LadyBug screams for help with puzzle.
I could go on, but an hour and a half later, nothing much has changed, except the puzzle changed to the Leapster. She still won’t listen to me. And she still hasn’t eaten the Pop Tart.