Android phones have traditionally been given a very high-tech profile. It makes sense, given the platform (and then name), but it does suggest that they are only for the most hardcore geeks. HTC seems to be looking to change that perception with the new HTC Rhyme. The distinctly feminine phone comes in plum and has a strong emphasis on style. It comes with a dock that makes the phone look like a high-end alarm clock, and a charm that glows with incoming calls and texts. Clearly it’s meant to help you find your phone in your deep, dark purse or bag.
And because we all know that you can appreciate great technology AND have a sense of style, here are some of the key specs:
- Qualcomm MSM 8655 1GHz processor
- Android platform (Gingerbread) with HTC Sense
- 4 GB onboard memory, 768 MB RAM, 8GB micro SD included
- 3.7” WVGA super LCD screen
- 5 megapixel 28mm f/2.2 camera with auto focus and power LED flash
- HD 720p video recording
- 1600 mAh LI-ION battery
- Bluetooth 3.0/WiFi
- Dimensions: 4.6” x 2.4” x 4”
- In-box Accessories: Charm indicator, tangle-free headphones, AC adapter
The HTC Rhyme is scheduled to be available in the next couple of weeks.