My mother tells me that when I was young, all I would eat is hot dogs and chicken noodle soup (from a can). Although my kids aren’t quick as picky, they still love their hot dogs. So when I was asked to co-host Hebrew National’s Boston Better-Than-a-Picnic Picnic, I was psyched. Hebrew National’s hot dogs are not only made of 100% kosher beef, but they are free of artificial flavors, colors and fillers. Basically, if you’re going to eat a hot dog, Hebrew National is an excellent choice.
Oh, but it gets better. My other co-hosts are none of other than the brilliant Jodi Grundig (Mom’s Favorite Stuff), Audrey McClelland (Mom Generations) and Christine Koh (Boston Mamas). There will be games, music, food, activities and some great service projects. Oh, yeah, and it’s Free.
When: May 31, 2010 (Memorial Day!), 11:30am-3:330pm
Where: Artesani Park, 1234 Soldiers Field Road, Brighton, MA
What: Free food, games, music, fun and a chance to do some great service projects.
RSVP: This is optional, but feel free to RSVP on the Facebook event page.
- Hebrew National will provide hot dogs, condiments, fruit and drinks. Please feel free to bring anything else you need to fill out your picnic!
- We’re collecting gently used or new household items for a few local charities. We’ll also be making cards for active service personnel and another fun project as well. For more info, please visit BostonMamas.com.
- Artesani Park has bike baths, playgrounds, a wading pool and a play fountains. Come prepared!
- Rumor has it that there is almost always an ice cream truck nearby…
- While the park has quite a bit of parking, it has been known to fill up, so come on the earlier side.
- And last, but certainly not least, there will be a mechanical bull. I dare you to ride it!